Friday, August 13, 2010

Lazy Day

A much needed day of relaxation was had today.  Beach duty was light, just two inventories for me on the south end.  After a quick trip to Andy's to feed his pets, I was home before 10am.  The other day I discovered Andy has a collection of Carl Hiaasen books, including two I haven't read yet.  I've since swiped one, and spent the morning reading in bed.  After a few chapters, reading gave way to napping, until Kate came home from her patrol around noon.

We are both trying hard to clear our minds of all the things the island occupies them with.  It's hard to get a break from it all when we live and work here 24/7.  The list of things to do, problems to deal with, and constant need to force motivation, have worn us out a bit.  So today we opted to do nothing much beyond our basic responsibilities.

Kate went to Andy's house after she cleaned up from patrol to watch movies and play with the animals.  I stayed home and parked myself on the couch in front of a computer game.  Kate came back around 4:30 and we went to feed the horses together.  Afterward, Kate went back to Andy's for more TV time, and I resumed my position on the couch.

It's 8pm now, and I'm in bed writing this.  Kate should be home soon.  I'm hoping to fall asleep early and have more energy tomorrow.  We can't be lazy for long, there's just too much to do.  Still, it was nice to bum around all day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment