Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome, Sea Turtles.

Today was long and filled with sea turtle activity.  Steve and I are exhausted, so I will only share bits for our most current followers.  Today, we had 2 nests and 2 false crawls.  One nest had to be relocated, in which Steve did most of the work.  A lot of it was caught on the Flip video recorder.  107 eggs!  Very exciting for us.  The second nest was high in the dunes, a perfect spot.  There were also false crawls that kept us on our toes.  After a very long morning on the beach, we spent the afternoon at the clubhouse socializing with the bird people and island Foundation historic carpenter, Mark.  We learned a lot from him about the houses and people of Ossabaw.  I will expound on this update tomorrow with pictures and details.  All of a sudden the real nesting season hits!  I'm not sure we're prepared but I guess we'll keep trying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment